WSCR 5th Annual Community Clean-up Event
When: Saturday June 18th, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Where: West Springs Free Methodist Church 742 – 85 Street SW
The City of Calgary will be providing garbage trucks where Most unwanted items will be accepted with the following exceptions:
• NO major house/yard renovation debris (drywall, studs, broken concrete, sod, etc) is the homeowner/contractor’s responsibility.
• NO paint or other chemicals these should be taken directly a Fire hall on the designated Toxic Material Roundup Day (usually held each Spring) or one of the four fire halls which take these hazardous materials on a year-round basis.
• NO old tires as these cannot be compacted.
• NO home appliances which includes microwaves
• NO liquids, glass, propane tanks, metals, large furniture or car batteries.
eCycle Solutions will be recycling the following:
Personal Computers/ Components/ Peripherals, Keyboards, Mice, Cables, Speakers, Laptop Computers, Notebook Computer, Servers, Desktop Printers, Printer Combination Units, Fax Combination Machines, Computer Monitors (CRT), Computer Monitors (LCD), Televisions (wood console, CRT, Flat Screen, Rear Projection), Cell phones
Shred-it – will be on site so you may dispose of your sensitive documents and recycle the paper.
Clean-A-Park – we are looking for volunteers to pickup garbage in various areas in our community. Volunteers will be able to select their preferred area to clean and will be provided bags and gloves at the West Springs Free Methodist Church at the WSCR tent.
Please email clean-up@WSCR.ca if you have questions or would like to volunteer your time.
Thanks to City of Calgary Animal & Bylaw Services and Waste & Recycling, eCycling solutions and the volunteers of the West Springs and Cougar Ridge Community for
making this events possible!
Also, big thanks to Fergus & Bix, who will donate 50 cents from every pint of their feature beer to our clean-up event from April to June.